Frankincense, also known as olibanum, is sourced from the trees of Boswellia genus. As an aromatic resin, Frankincense is used in perfumes and incense. Also, it has been associated with different religions, particularly the Christian religion. With its healing and therapeutic properties, the Frankincense Oil, Frankincense Essential Oil, Frankincense Oil for Skin has been used in perfumery, aromatherapy and pharmaceuticals. It offers various health benefits: help in relieving chronic stress & anxiety, boosting immunity and reducing pain & inflammation.
Composition of Frankincense Oil:-
Frankincense Oil comprises: alpha pinene, bornyl acetate, actanol, linalool, octyl acetate, incensyl acetate, incensole, p-pinene, dipentene, camphene and phellandrene.
Description of Frankincense Essential Oil:-
- Other Names : Boswellia carterii,Frankincense, Olibanum oil
- Botanical name: Boswellia thurifera
- CAS No : 8016-36-2
- FEMA No : 2816
- Parts used: Gum resin
- Appearance: light yellow to pale yellow
- Perfumery note: Fresh almost green-lemon like odor, strongly diffusive
- Specific Gravity : 0.846 @ 72˚F
- Refractive index: 1.450 – 1.466
- Optical rotation: +5.0˚ to +28.0˚
- Density: 0.810 – 0.850
- Flash Point : 95F
- Vapour density : >1(air=1)
- pH : Neutral
- Solubility: Soluble in organic solvent and ethanol
- Shelf life: Two years
- Blends with : Citrus oil, Neroli, Lavender, Clary sage, Bergamot, Rose, sandalwood, Patchouli, Vetiver.
Uses of Frankincense Oil for Skin:-
- Used in aromatherapy & perfumery.
- A natural painkiller.
- Used for the treatment of arthritis, and to reduce the cartilage breakdown.
- Frankincense oil provides relives in cold, and acts as an antiseptic.
- It prevents toothaches, mouth sores, cavities, and other infections.
- Frankincense oil is effective in respiratory disorders and digestive problems.
- It suppressed the risk of post menopause tumor.
- It helps regulate the menstrual cycle of women.
- Frankincense oil is used for skin health and anti-aging.
- It removes micro wrinkles and sun spots.
- Ideal for lowering high blood pressure.
- Frankincense oil is used for ulcer treatments.
Directions for Uses:-
Apply 2-4 drops directly to the desired area. Dilution is not necessary except for the most sensitive skin.
Safety & Precaution:-
Frankincense Essential Oil, Frankincense Oil for Skin is contraindicated during pregnancy and do not use near flame, heat, fire & sparks.
Frankincense Oil, Frankincense Essential Oil, Frankincense Oil for Skin is filled in amber color container, and store in cool & dry place.