Menthyl Acetate is obtained from organic and genuine quality Mentha arvensis. It has a colorless, faded appearance with a minty smell. This monoterpene is not a bio-medically modified compound but exists in natural form and it contributes to the aroma of Peppermint. Menthyl Acetate Natural constitutes 3-5% of Mentha piperita oil which is volatile in nature.
Being acetate ester of menthol, Menthyl acetate has minty ,spicy, guava-like, cool, berry-like, exotic and woodsy flavor with ambrette and red licorice appearance. It is procured from natural and fresh Mentha arvensis under the guidance of our technical team.
Specifications of Menthyl Acetate :-
- Also Known as : L-Menthyl Acetate, Cyclohexanol, Menthol Acetate
- Chemical Name : Menthyl acetate, Menthol
- CAS No : 16409-45-3
- Appearance : Colorless liquid
- Odor : Fragrant, fruity
- IUPAC Name : (5-methyl-2-propan-2-ylcyclohexyl) acetate
- Solubility in Water : ~25% (20 °C)
Physical & Chemical Properties:-
- Molecular Formula : C12H22O2
- Molecular Weight : 74.08 g·mol−1
- Density : 0.932 g cm−3
- Boiling Point : 56.9 °C
- Melting Point : −98 °C
- Vapor Pressure : 173 mmHg (20°C)
- Refractive Index : 1.436-1.456
- Specific Gravity : 1.361 (nH)
- Magnetic susceptibility : -42.60·10−6 cm3/mol (χ)
- Assay : 97.0% min.
- Flash Point : 77°C
- FEMA No : 2668
- CBNumber : CB4117564
- This compound is greatly demanded by industries food and perfumery industries due to its flavor enhancing characteristics.
- FEMA No 2668 is also demanded in industries producing beauty products, drugs, pharmaceutical, etc.
- Menthyl Acetate also has vivid use in buchu oil, flavor concentrate, lemon balm, peppermint, strawberry, etc.