Palmarosa is a type of tropical grass which is known for its rich supply of volatile oils and is native to India. The name given to plant “palmarosa” is because of its fragrance similar to rose oil. This oil is counted among star upholders of skin health as it regulates skin moisture and oil production, so is useful for both oily and dry skin. This oil is also known as “Indian Geranium oil”. It has two varieties, Motia & Sofia, which are slightly different in their aromas.
Extraction Method :-
This oil is obtained through steam distillation process from dried grass harvested before it flowers.
This oil also contain linalool, limonene, dipentene, geraniol, myrcene, geranyl acetate.
Attributes of Palmarosa Oil :-
- Botanical Name : Cymbopogon martinii var. Motia
- Family : Poaceae
- CAS NO : 8014-19-5
- FEMA NO : 2831
- Aroma : Floral, fresh, lemony, dry geranium like aroma
- Color : Clear to pale yellow
- Consistency : Thin
- Solubility : Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol
- Flash Point : 212°F
- Blends with : Essentials oils like geranium, lavender, rose, bergamot, lime, ylang-ylang, orange, sandalwood etc.
- Antiseptic and antimicrobial in nature
- Most effective against gram-positive and gram-negative
- Prevent from inflammation and quelling dehydration.
- Effective in treatment of skin problem like acne as control oil production of your skin.
- Has an uplifting effect on the mind
- Effective against physical & nervous exhaustion
- Gives relief from stress
- Cures fever & digestive & intestinal ailments
- Provides relief from aching, sore and stiff muscles.
- Anti-bacterial & anti-virus in nature
- Has wound healing properties
- Used as an ingredient in making soaps, perfumes, hydrating lotions/creams & other cosmetic products
- Used as a moisturizing massage oil
This oil is considered a non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing oil.
5kg, 25kg, 180kg & 200kg Drums