Originally founded in Middle East, the Anise seed at present is grown extensively in North Africa, USA and Europe. The maximum height of Anise seed that acts as a herb is 2 feet. Notable for its plumy leaves, this herb was used in the form of spicy cake by ancient Romans.
Ecological Information :-
Fecund soil with necessary drainage facility is ideal for the cultivation of Anise plant. These plants are raised during hot spring season. These plants can be replanted even when these are small.
Steam purification, carbon di oxide extraction and fractional separation method are used for obtaining Anise Seed Essential Oil.
The chemical constituents of Anise oil are acetanisole, alpha pinene, anisaldehyde, beta pinene, camphene, cis anethole, linalool and saffron.
Attributes of Anise Seed Essential Oil :-
- Botanical Name : Pimpinella Anisum
- CAS No : 8007-70-3
- EC No : 283-872-7
- FEMA No : 2094
- Part Used : Ripe fruits & Seed
- Aroma : Fruity sweet aroma
- Viscosity : Watery in viscosity
- Relative Density : 0.960 â 0.988
- Refractive Index : 1.549 â 1.561
- Anethol Content : 60% - 99%
- Blends with : Several essential oils like caraway oil, cardamom oil, cedar wood oil, coriander oil, fennel oil, mandarin oil, petit grain and rosewood oil.
Uses of Anise Essential Oil :-
- Anise oil is effective in treating catarrh, indigestion, flatulence and hangover.
- Anise Seed Essential Oil is effective in improving digestive function.
- Anise oil is a good remedy for muscular pain.
- Oil extracted from Anise seed is an excellent option to alleviate Bronchitis & Whooping cough.
- Anise Seed Essential Oil is the ideal option for those who are suffering from scabies & psoriasis.
- Anise Essential Oil is used as an essential ingredient of mouthwash and toothpaste.
- Due to its odor removal capacity, it is used as a drop on handkerchief.
- This Anise Essential Oil is utilized as one of the main raw materials for manufacturing soaps, sachets and perfumes
- Direct application of Anise oil alleviates lice & scabies.
If any person breathes in anise oil, then he needs to be shifted in a well ventilated area. If the condition gets worse, immediately consult with doctor.
Storage & Handling :-
Store it away from flame and high temperature. It should be kept in dark and well ventilated place with temperature less than 25°.
Packaging Details :-
- 5kg, 25kg, 180kg & 200kg Drums