Extracted from the fresh leaves of bay tree, our Bay Leaf Oil is widely demanded by our patrons. Obtained in yellow liquid form, it has a strong spicy fragrance similar to that of clove oil. Bay Leaf Essential Oil is widely used in the treatment of flues, muscular pain fever and more. We are manufacturer and supplier of premium quality Bay Leaf Oil containing antimicrobial compounds and other useful properties. Bay Tree originally found in South America is now increasingly harvested in Spain and Morocco also. Its scientific name is Pimento Racemosa which has an erect structure and has the capacity to grow up to a height of 30 feet. It has a grayish bark with aromatic and long pointed green leaves loaded with yellow or white flowers and black berries. Extracted using steam distillation process, it has a balanced composition, pH value, safe to use as well as free from any contaminants.
Extraction Method :-
Apart from the various processes for extraction used like turbo distillation, hydro distillation, solvent extraction and other, we use steam distillation process to extract the essence from the plant. The fresh leaves are steam distilled which are collected from a tree with age of 5 years or more. Sea water or additional salted water aids in the distillation process. Approximately 0.5 to 1.5 percent of the oil can be extracted through this process.
Bay Leaf Essential Oil comprises Alpha Pinene, Mtrcene, Linalool, Eugenol, Chavicol, Limonene, Beta Pinene, Alpha Terpineol, Methyl Chavicol and Neral, Methyl Eugenol.
Specification of Bay Oil :-
- Botanical Name: Pimenta racemosa or Laurus nobilis
- Common Name : Bay Laurel, Sweet bay, Noble laurel
- CAS #: 8006-78-8
- F.E.M.A. : 2122
- Color: Deep yellow to brown colored oil
- Odor: Green aroma with smell of the woods and slightly minty or clove
- Blends with : lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary, geranium, thyme, orange oils, cedar wood, coriander, lemon, rose, ginger, juniper and ylang ylang.
- Specific Gravity : Range from 0.950 to 0.990 @ 25°C
- Refractive Index : Range from 1.5070- 1.5170 @ 20°C
- Optical Rotation : -0 to -3
Uses of Bay Leaf Essential Oil
- Owing to its sedative properties, it is highly beneficial for aromatherapy.
- Used as a massage oil for inducing relaxing and refreshing effects.
- Releases pains concerned with muscles, sprains and joints.
- Stimulates blood circulation and helpful in neuralgia.
- Treatment of breakouts in skin and razor burns.
- Used in cosmetics, perfumes and personal care products for men.
- Can be added to fumigants, vaporizers and sprays to repel insects.
- Useful for joint and muscle pains like sprains, arthritis etc.
- It also helps in preventing septic wounds and septic.
- It relieves aches, diarrhea, nervous afflictions, cramps, coughs and convulsions due to spasm.
- It increases the strength of the gums grip on teeth, and prevents sagging skin and muscles.
- Its antibiotic property protects liver, heart along with other internal organs.
- Effective against nerve pressure, releases pain caused due to neuralgia and eases contraction of blood vessels.
- Also useful for respiratory problems such as cold, viral infection, cough, flu with decongestant quality.
- Maintains balance between acid as well as base in stomach by promoting bile discharge.
- Useful against irregularities in menses and promotes regularity.
- Brings down the body temperature by promoting perspiration and facilitating removal of toxins through sweat.
- Balanced composition
- Precise pH value
- Safe to use
- Free from impurities
Safety and Precautions
- Bay oil should be avoided by individuals suffering from liver, kidney diseases or cancer and while using the anticoagulants. Eugonel component in the oil can cause irritation or skin allergies therefore an experienced aromatherapy practitioner should be consulted prior to use.
- It is advised to not use it during pregnancy or by nursing women.
Packaging Details :-
- 5kg, 25kg, 180kg & 200kg Drums