Juniper is a coniferous evergreen plant, which belongs to the family Cupressaceae. Its needle shaped leaves are used for the extraction of oils. Juniper leaf oil has antiseptic, astringent, antirheumatic, antispasmodic, depurative, diuretic and stimulating activity.
Juniper Berry Essential Oil is derived by the steam distillation of the leaves of Juniperus communis.
Chemical composition :-
Juniper berry oil contains: Alpha pinene, beta phellandrene, cineole, para cymene, terpineol, caryophyllene, limonene, camphor, bornyl acetate, linalool, linalyl acetate, borneol, beta pinene, nerol camphene, sabinene, alpha phellandrene, myrcene, alpha terpinene & gamma terpinene.
Description of Juniper Berry Oil :-
- Synonym : Juniper oil, Juniperberries oil
- Botanical Name: Juniperus communis.
- INCI Name : Juniperus communis fruit oil
- CAS No : 8002-68-4
- EINECS No : 283-268-3
- FEMA No : 2604
- Parts used : needles shaped leaves
- Colour : Pale yellow color liquid
- Perfumery note : Rich-balsamic, fresh, woody sweet odor
- Density: 0.895 – 0.905
- Optical rotation: +10.0˚ - 20.0˚
- Refractive index: 1.465 – 1.483
- Shelf life: two years
- Blend with : Cedar wood oil, bergamot oil, cypress, geranium, grapefruit, lavender, lime, lemongrass, lemon and vetiver.
Uses of Juniper Berry Essential Oil :-
- Antiseptic and diuretic activity.
- Removes uric acid from the body, and gives relive in rheumatism, gout, arthritis and renal calculi.
- Used in muscular spasm and it relaxes muscles cramps.
- Used in hair fall, grip of gums, toothaches, and bring down the chances of hemorrhaging.
- Ideal for gases removal from intestine.
- Juniper Berry Oil removes toxic materials like heavy metals, uric acid and pollutant.
- Help increase blood circulation.
- Healthy skin and well oxygenated.
- Used as blood purifier.
- Used in acne, and other skin diseases.
- Helps cure peptic ulcer and other disorders of stomach.
- Juniper leaf oil is effective in wound healing.
- Juniper Berry Oil stimulates exocrine gland, digestive system, endocrine glands and excretory system of the body.
- Used for the treatment of inflammation, kidney stones, urinary tract infections, acne, eczema, dandruff and skin diseases.
Safety & Precaution :-
Juniper Berry Essential Oil is contraindicated for kidney problem people and pregnancy.