Lime is a citrus fruit, and it is a great source of vitamin C. Lime Essential Oil, Lime Pure Essential Oil is used to enhance the flavor of food and beverages. It is grown in tropical climates. Pickles of Lime are integral element of Indian cuisine. In cooking it is valuable for both its floral aroma and acidity. It is an ingredient of many Indian cuisines. Lime extracts and oils are used in cleaning products, perfumery and aromatherapy. Its scientific name is: citrus Aurantifolia.
Extraction of Lime Essential Oil :-
Lime Essential Oil, Lime Pure Essential Oil is derived by cold compression of fresh lime peels, or through steam distillation process of dried peels.
Its primary components are beta pinene, alpha pinene, limonene, cineole, borneol, linalool & Geranyl acetate.
Other Details of Lime Oil for Skin :-
- Synonym : Citrus Aurantifolia
- Botanical Name : Citrus Aurantifolia
- CAS No : 8008-26-2
- EC Number : 290-010-3
- CoE Number : 141
- FEMA No : 2631
- Appearance : Slightly yellow coloured fluid liquid
- Taste : Tart citrus and sweet taste
- Specific Gravity : 0.85500 – 0.86300
- Refractive Index : 1.465 – 1.478
- Optical Rotation : + 20° - +65°
- Boiling Point : 182°C
- Weight per ml : 0.840 – 0.870gm/lit.
- Limonene content : 40% - 85%
- Shelf Life : 2 years in Normal temperature
- Blend with : Essential oils like Lavender, Clary sage, Neroli & Ylang ylang oils
Uses of Lime Pure Essential Oil :-
- Cure infections and prevents infections on skin and wounds.
- Remedy for sores and other similar problems.
- Used in pickles, desserts and jams.
- Used in cosmetics and other industrial products.
- Helps fight and protect against mumps, pox and measles etc.
- Cures respiratory systems' viral infections.
- Lime Essential Oil, Lime Pure Essential Oil helps to cure tightens muscles and toothaches.
- Serve as appetizer.
- A very good antioxidant.
- Used in treatment of typhoid and food poisoning etc.
- Cures internal bacterial infections of stomach and intestines.
- Acts as disinfectant.
- Lime Essential Oil, Lime Pure Essential Oil tones up tissues, muscles and skin.
- Can reduce pain in muscle & joints.
- Helps in keeping scalp clean and protect hair from lice.
- Restores health and gives strength to the organ system.
Safety & Precautions :-
It may cause photosensitivity, if exposed to direct sunlight after its application.