The provided Natural Menthol Crystal are processed using top notch quality menthol by our adroit professionals at an advanced processing unit. Menthol Crystal is extensively used for providing cool sensation to the body as well as used in the treatment of infections and relieving minor pain. Moreover, Menthol Crystals are highly appreciated among clients due to effectiveness and crystalline property.
The crystals are obtained from Mentha arvensis leaves that belongs to Lamiaceae family. The leaves contain approximately 70% of menthol. Growing to 10 to 60 cm tall, Mentha arvensis is a plant of herbaceous perennial. It is commonly known as podina, pudina, wind mint or corn mint. It is indigenous to temperate regions of Europe, Western Asia, East to the Himalaya, and North America. The Menthol features local anesthetic as well as a counter-irritant qualities.
How Menthol Crystals Can Give You A Healthier Life?
While giving you relief from allergies, respiratory challenges, skin conditions, muscle pain, emotional balance and from many other issues, Menthol Crystals can also give you a healthier life, as listed below:
1) Due to its aromatherapy property, it provides relief of stress, nervousness and anxiety.
2) Act as a great agent for lung cleaning, as it is observed the lung cleaning products which contain menthol crystal can provide tremendous relief from upper respiratory problems, coughs, congestion and sore throat.
3) Our crafted menthol crystal is 100% pure and natural product, which gives us cooling and has a pleasantly refreshing, strong minty aroma.
By the process of distillation and crystallization of Mentha oil (Mentha arvensis), the Menthol crystals are obtained. Mint oils obtained is filtered to extract fine menthol crystals. The cold extraction process is utilized in the process or mint oils is subjected to different temperature for separating the menthol crystals. The Menthol is waxy crystalline, white or clear in color. It is solid at room temperature, and it melts at slightly above temperature.
Menthol Crystals are made up from 5-Methylethyl cyclohexanol and L-Menthol.
Uses & Applications:
1) Menthol is used as local anaesthetic
2) Effective in mouth and throat irritation
3) In combination with aloe vera gel or other carrier oil, these crystals are used to provide relief from itching
4) Used in formulating decongestants for chest and sinuses
5) Used as treatment against sunburn
6) Used to add mint flavor in different products like in some shampoos, candies, chewing gums, mouth washes, throat sprays and toothpastes brands
7) Used as an anti stress therapy agent in aromatherapy and for curing anxiety disorders
8) Acts as an antipyretic agent that reduces fever and associated symptoms when topically applied on feet and hands
9) Used in perfumery industries
10) Used in mouth fresheners, analgesic balms and cough drops
11) Used in aftershave lotions to reduce razor burn pain
12) Known for its antispasmodic property that makes it effective against cramping and muscle spasms
13) Can reduce symptoms of nausea arising from motion sickness
Specifications of Natural Menthol Crystals:
1) Synonyms : L-Menthol, Menthol IP, Menthol USP, Levo -Menthol BP, Pudine Ka Phool, Menthol 99.9%, peppermint camphor
2) INCI Name : Menthol
3) Botanical Name : Mentha Arvensis
4) CAS No : 2216-51-5
5) Appearance : White crystals or needle like crystals, transparent
6) Shelf Life : 5 year in temperature below 25ËC
7) Solubility: Soluble in ethanol, liquid paraffin, glycerol and fatty acid
Physical and Chemical Properties:
1) Odor : Peppermint odor
2) Solubility : Slightly soluble in water and dissolve readily into alcohol or essentials oils
3) Density : 0.89%
4) Boiling Point : 212C (414F)
5) Melting Point : 41 â 44C
6) Assay by GC : 99.0% Min L-Menthol Content
7) Standard Size : 1/4 - 3/8 inch shards
8) Loss On Dry : â¤0.05%
9) Heavy Metals : â¤10 ppm
10) Residue on Evaporation : â¤0.05%
11) Residue on Ignition : â¤0.1%
12) Optical rotation : -49.0Ë to -51.0Ë
Safety & Precautions:
1) Menthol crystals can cause chest area hardness, respiration troubles, inflammation of the mouth, lips & tongue. If irritation continues then call the doctor.
2) Do not use undiluted menthol crystal directly on skin.
3) Menthol overdose is also possible by excess consumption of menthol-containing products and can cause discomfort at site of application.
5kg, 25kg, 180kg & 200 kg Drums.