The provided Natural Menthol Crystals is processed using top notch quality menthol by our adroit professionals at advanced processing unit. This crystal is extensively used for providing cool sensation as well as for the treatment of infections and relieving minor pain. Moreover, this Menthol Crystal is highly appreciated among clients due to its effectiveness and crystalline property.
The crystals are obtained from Mentha arvensis leaves that belongs to Lamiaceae family. The leaves contain approximately 70% of menthol. Growing to 10 to 60 cm tall, Mentha arvensis is a plant of herbaceous perennial. It is commonly known as podina, pudina, wind mint or corn mint. It is indigenous to temperate regions of Europe, Western Asia, East to the Himalaya, and North America. The Menthol features local anesthetic as well as counter-irritant qualities.
By the process of distillation & crystallization of mentha oil (Mentha arvensis), the Menthol crystals are obtained. The Menthol is waxy crystalline, white or clear in color. It is solid at room temperature, and it melts at slightly above temperature
Menthol Crystals is made up from 5-Methylethyl cyclohexanol and L-Menthol.
- Botanical Source: Mentha arvensis
- Appearance: Prismatic, colorless shiny crystals & acicular
- Perfumery note: Characteristic minty odor and cooling nature
- Solubility: Soluble in ethanol, liquid paraffin, glycerol and fatty acid
- Storage: In well fitted container, in cool & dry place
Properties of Natural Menthol Crystals:-
- Synonyms : L-Menthol, Menthol IP, Menthol USP, Levo -Menthol BP, Pudine Ka Phool, Menthol 99.9%, peppermint camphor
- INCI Name : Menthol
- Botanical Name : Mentha Arvensis
- CAS No : 2216-51-5
- Appearance : White crystals or needlelike crystals, transparent
- Shelf Life : 5 year in temperature below 25˚C
Physical and Chemical Properties:-
- Odor : Peppermint odorSolubility : Slightly soluble in water and dissolve readily into alcohol or essentials oils
- Density : 0.89%
- Boiling Point : 212C (414F)
- Melting Point : 41 – 44C
- Assay by GC : 99.0% Min L-Menthol Content
- Standard Size : 1/4 - 3/8 inch shards
- Loss On Dry : ≤0.05%
- Heavy Metals : ≤10 ppm
- Residue on Evaporation : ≤0.05%
- Residue on Ignition : ≤0.1%
- Optical rotation : -49.0˚ to -51.0˚
- Menthol is used as local anesthetic
- Effective in mouth and throat irritation
- Acts as antibacterial activity
- Used to reduce itching as an Antipruritic
- Used in decongestants for chest and sinuses
- Treatment for the sunburn cases
- Used to add mint flavor in different products like in some shampoos, candies, chewing gums and toothpastes brands
- Act as a pesticide in different first aid products
- Various Beauty products which are based on natural ingredients such as soap
- Used in perfumery Industries
- Used in mouth fresheners, analgesic balms and cough drops
- Used in aftershave lotions to reduce razor burn pain
Safety & Precautions:-
- Menthol crystals can cause chest area hardness, respiration troubles, inflammation of the mouth, lips & tongue. If irritation continues then call the doctor.
- Do not use undiluted menthol crystal directly on skin.
- Menthol overdose is also possible by excess consumption of menthol-containing products and can cause discomfort at site of application.