Pure Peppermint Oil is obtained from the leaves of Mentha Piperita, hence it is also known as Indian Piperita Oil. It is used in formulation of products such as perfumes, chewing gums, cosmetics, tooth pastes, lotions, creams, ointments and analgesic balms. Peppermint Essential Oil is also known for its therapeutic attributes, and effectively treats pain and digestive issues.
This herbaceous plant is a variety of water mint (Mentha aquatica) and spearmint. The very active ingredients of the distillation process are menthol (30% - 40%) and menthone (20% - 30%). The peppermint herb is cultivated widely throughout Europe and North America. Peppermint leaves are frequently used to flavor foods and tea etc. across the world. We can prepare this oil as per client requirements, and as per required uses. In addition, we provide Mentha Furan distilled from Mentha Piperita Oil, with 90% Purity.
Health Benefits of Peppermint Oil:
1) Skin Care
Pepperming oil contains menthol which gives a cooling and soothing effect to the skin. It nourishes the dull skin and helps in improving the texture of the greasy or oil skin.
2) Relieves Headache
Pepperming oil has cooling and anti-inflammatory properties which are beneficial for reducing headaces. To get relieve from headace, simply apply it in a diluted form on the forehead and massage it for about 10-15 mins. This will slowing help you to get relieve from the pain.
3) Prevents Sinus
Inhaling diffused peppermint oil helps in relieving congestion of the sinus and offer relief from the scrachy throat. It acts as an expectorant that helps to open the airways. clearing the mucus and thus reduces congestion.
4) Reduces Muscle and Joint Pain
Pepperming oil is an effective natural painkiller. Because of its cooling, invigorating and antispasmodic properties, this oil is helpful in reducing muscle and joint pain.
To get relieve from the pain, you need to apply 2â3 drops topically to the affected area three times daily. Mixing peppermint with lavender oil is also a good way to reduce muscle pain and relax the body.
5) Oral Care
Peppermint oil is a good source for eliminating bad breath. Due to this very reason, it is added in numerous toothpastes. This oil helps in fighting bacteria and fungus that can lead to tooth infection and cavities.
Peppermint Oil BP / Mentha Piperita Oil, is derived by the process of steam distillation from leaves & flowers of the Peppermint herb aerial parts. With Latin Name Mentha x piperita, Peppermint oil belongs to the Labiatae family and mostly grows up to around 2 to 3 feet long with violet colored flowers and dark green leaves.
Peppermint oil consist menthol and also menthone and carboxyl esters, particularly, menthly acetate.
Peppermint oil is use for the treatment of various problems such as muscular pain, irritable bowel syndrome, cough control, soothe sore throat, nerve pain, respiratory disorder, menthol chest rub, clear sinuses, joint pain, headaches relief, skin irritation, gas & bloating, indigestion, nausea, tooth & gum pain relief, migraine, paralysis, ringworm, scabies, motion sickness, vomiting, diarrhoea, allergies, etc. Its major uses are:
1) As a digestive system stimulant (apply a few drops topically on the stomach or consume after adding a few drops of oil in a glass of water)
2) Cures intestine problems
3) Effective against indigestion and nausea
4) Remedy for muscle and nerve pain, headaches, cold, etc.
5) Helps combat bad breath
6) Get relief from soreness arising from arthritis and inflammation
Use in different products manufacturing including Face Wash, Body Wash, Hair Oil, Shampoo, Foot Soak, Scrubs, Acne treatment creams.
Specifications / Attributes of Peppermint Essential Oil:-
1) Synonym : Mentha Arvensis oil, Mentha Piperita oil, Peppermint oil IP/BP/USP, Mint oil BP, De-Mentholised mint oil.
2) CAS No : 8006-90-4
3) Botanical Name : Mentha Arvensis, Mentha Piperita
4) Appearance : Mobile Liquid, Pale yellow colored
5) Color : Colorless to light Yellow
6) Shelf Life : 2 years in Room temperature
Physical and Chemical Properties:-
1) Solubility : Soluble in Ethanol & methylene chloride
2) Relative Density : 0.900 to 0.916
3) Refractive Index : 1.457 to 1.467
4) Optical Rotation : -10° to -30°
5) Acid Value Max : 1.4
6) L-Menthone Content : 14 to 32%
7) Mentha Furan Content : 1 to 9%
8) L-Menthol Content : 30 to 55%
Safety & Precautions:-
1) Peppermint oil can cause anal burning during bouts of diarrhea.
2) Be more attentive while using oil for children.
3) In case of having epileptic, liver damage, cancer, or any kind of medical issue use peppermint oil under the guidance of aromatherapy practitioner.
5kg, 25kg, 180kg & 200kg Drums