With a high menthol content, Peppermint is a traditional and very popular flavor. It has been used in toothpaste, confectionery, foods, skin care products, and many more. Obtained from Mentha Piperita leaves, Peppermint Oil has numerous applications. We offer Indian Piperita Oil, which is used in diverse products such as perfumes, cosmetics, chewing gums, ointments and analgesic balms etc. Also, this Peppermint Oil BP (Indian Piperita), Mentha Piperita Oil has been known for its therapeutic qualities and has several medical uses.
A cross between water-mint and spearmint, Peppermint (Mentha Ã piperita) is a hybrid mint. The herbaceous plant, indigenous to Middle East and Europe, is nowadays wide-spread cultivation in many parts of the world. The plant grows up to about 2-3 feet long, with dark green leaves and violet color flowers. Steam distillation is utilized for extracting the Peppermint Oil BP / Peppermint Essential Oil from the leaves / flowers of the Peppermint Herb. The most active components of the distillation are: menthone (20% to 30%) and menthol (30% to 40%).
Constituents & Extraction Method:-
Peppermint Oil BP (Indian Piperita) contain Limonene, Alpha Pinene, Beta Pinene, L-Menthone, Cineole, Menthafurone, Menthyl Acetete, Isomenthone, Neo Menthol, Isopulegone, Pipretone, L-Menthol etc. It is extracted from peppermint plant through the process of steam distillation.
Indian Piperita Oil has a great value in Ayurveda and a very long tradition of medicinal usage. As an essential oil, it has been largely used in a broad variety of products such as: perfumes, analgesic balms, creams, lotions, chewing gums, shampoos and conditioners etc.
Specifications of Mentha Piperita Oil:-
- CAS No: 8006-90-4
- Appearance: Pale yellow, clear liquid
- Typical: Minty taste and characteristic odor
- Solubility: Soluble in Ethanol and Methylene chloride
- Acid Value Max: 1.4
- Refractive Index: 1.457 to 1.467
- Relative Density: 0.900 to 0.916
- Optical Rotation: -10° to -30°
- L-Menthone Content: 14 to 32%
- L-Menthol Content : 30 to 55%
- Mentha Furan Content: 1 to 9%
Applications of Peppermint Oil BP (Indian Piperita):-
- As a remedy for indigestion and nausea.
- Used for stimulating digestive system.
- A traditional cure for headaches, muscle & nerve pain, stomach problems and cold.
- Gives a cooling and calming effect on body.
- Freshen up bad breath & pacify digestive problems.
- Used as a mouth freshener, and a substitution of sugary chewing gum.
- Relieves the soreness of arthritis and inflammation.
At AOS Products, we offer Indian Peppermint Oil to meet the growing demand of the market. We keep up with the concepts of purity, hygiene and freshness. Our Peppermint Oil is safe, effective, and prepared for a range of applications. Our experts ensure the purity and accurate composition of the oil. Also, we offer various packaging options at very affordable prices.
In well-fitted container, in cool & dark place.
- 5kg, 25kg, 180kg & 200kg Drums